Prepping Your Mix For Mastering In Studio One
Prepping your mix for mastering properly can make a world of difference in the audio quality of the final product. The most important thing is to avoid exporting a mix that’s so loud that it’s clipping. Here’s detailed instructions, if you have any questions, drop me an email email@example.com:
1. Open your console by going to View → Console
2. Disabling Master Fader plugins is recommended.
3. Make sure your Master Fader isn’t clipping.
4. Close the Console to go back to the project window.
5. Select the audio region you wish to bounce.
6. Go to Song → Export Mixdown.
-Name your file & choose your destination.
-Under Format, select Wave File.
-Resolution: 24 Bit
-Sample Rate: your session sample rate.