Prepping Your Mix For Mastering In ProTools
Prepping your mix for mastering properly can make a world of difference in the audio quality of the final product. The most important thing is to avoid exporting a mix that’s so loud that it’s clipping. Here’s detailed instructions, if you have any questions, drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Create a Master Fader. Track → New → Stereo Master Fader
2. Disabling plugins on the Master Fader recommended.
3. Make sure your Master Fader isn't clipping.
4. Select the audio region you wish to bounce.
5. Go to File → Bounce To → Disk
6. Select these settings:
-Bounce Source: Same output as Master Fader.
-File Type: WAV
-Bit Depth: 24 Bit
-Sample Rate: Same as your session sample rate.